Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 3 of Official Ironman Training

People have been asking me what my race preparation consists of for April 16th. So far my official training for the race in the past 3 days has consisted of;

- 3 hours of bike riding
- 2 failed attempts at yoga
- 200 pushups and situps
- 100m sprint to catch the bus
- 25 minute hot tub float
- 5000 yds of swimming
- 6 rounds of greco-roman wrestling with my brother (author's note: We were supposed to go 10 rounds for family dominance, but were interrupted by my grandmother kicking us both in the ribs and scolding us for fighting outside the restraunt)
- 30 minutes of running
- Walking 4 miles at midnight through the Pasadena Rose Bowl floats, carrying my girlfriend "piggyback".

It's rather unorthodox, but I feel that all this cross-training will only be beneficial come race time. In fact, I'm going to license this cross-training regime under the title " Gooches and Lycra; When two worlds collide". I mean, if people blogging about their boring lives on the internet makes money then......

No comments: