Friday, January 25, 2008

Business School vs. Ironman

We had to do an exercise in class involving time management, and were told to make a pie chart of an average day, and how much time we spent on the various things in our lives. Mine was as follows

Sleep - 33%
Eating - 12%
Training - 15%
Class Time -10 %
Free Time - 10%
HW - 5%
Work (paid)- 15%

We handed in the charts, went on break while the teacher reviewed, and came back in. I knew something was wrong when the teacher zeroed in on me in the first 30 seconds back and said in a sharp tone,"Mr. Stoughton, I see here that you spend more time training for sports then school. Care to explain?". At this point I have two options;

1. Lie and say I miscalculated, thereby making myself look incompetent and incapable of basic math, but showing that I take my Merage education seriously.
2. Tell the truth, incur the wrath of said teacher for not taking the school curriculum seriously, and spend the rest of the quarter trying to salvage my grade in the class

I weighed these options in 0.2 seconds, looked the teacher directly in the eye and responded with;

" You're just that effective in your teaching, sir."

Between the class laughing and the teacher glaring at me, I'd be willing to bet I'm not getting straight A's this quarter...

No comments: