Friday, March 7, 2008

My third "marriage"

Several of my friends are recently engaged, which has prompted other friends to ask me such statements as;

"Uh-oh, when are you gonna tie the knot?"
" You're next, dude"
" Soooo.....when are you.....you know..."

These questions have been popping up a lot more lately, as I head towards my late 20s. This leads me to the scenario of why humans feel that if someone else is doing something, they should be doing it too. People start to panic, thinking "Crap, if everyone else is getting married, I'd better find someone and settle down" and end up making...."interesting" choices. I'm not passing judgement on anyone, nor do I think I'm any better or worse then the general populace. Its just an observation over the past two years, watching the dynamics of people in the post-college era. Don't get me wrong, I don't think marriage is a bad thing, nor do I have some master plan to stay single forever, but I'll do it on my own timetable. I'm currently "married" to school and training, and am trying to "make something" of myself. I have no real plans to change that or add a "third marriage" to my life just yet.

Unless Kate Beckinsale shows up at my door. Then all bets are off.

No comments: